PROFESSIONAL INSURANCE PROGRAMS For Court Interpreters
Disability Insurance Program
NAJIT members--many of whom are independent contractors--need additional professional insurance programs, and what better than to use an insurance program endorsed by the National Association of Judiciary Interpreters and Translators. NAJIT's best-in-class disability insurance program provides the kind of coverage that working interpreters need, espeically those who work as part-time independent contractors. .
Under the NAJIT program, The Standard Insurance Company provides one of the best contracts in the industry to NAJIT members who work more than 30 hours per week, thereby recognizing the professional nature of the work performed by NAJIT members.
In addition, NAJIT has also endorsed A Rated international insurance company's program for those members working less than 30 hours per week.
Here are a few highlights of NAJIT's disability insurance program:
- Two programs…one for fulltime interpreters/translators and one for those independent contractors working less than 30 hours per week.
- Special simplified underwriting that requires no medical exam or financial documentation.
- Ability to custom-design either program with 60, 90, or 180 day elimination periods with 2-year, 5-year, and to age 67 options.
- Both programs are from leaders in disability insurance…the aforementioned A Rated international insurance company and The Standard, with strong financials.
- Ability to add riders such as residual, cost of living adjustments, catastrophic coverage, guaranteed renewable and non-cancellable, so that each NAJIT member can design a program with benefits and costs suitable to their individual needs.
- Online websites for each program that allow for online application and quoting with phone support from disability specialists.
Financial Planners know that Disability Insurance is an important aspect of anyone's planning. That's because, at most ages, you are more likely to become disabled than to die, and a long-term disability can impose serious constraints on your lifetime earning potential. For instance, if you are age 40 and earn $25,000/yr, your earning potential to age 65 is $625,000. If you earn $75,000/yr your earning potential to age 65 is $1,875,000! These are important considerations for anyone, and NAJIT has now made it easy for our members to apply and obtain this important coverage.
For more information on the NAJIT endorsed Disability Insurance programs, pricing for your individual need and applying for coverage, please click on the link below:
NAJIT Professional Liability Insurance Program
Administered by Professional Program Insurance Brokerage
NAJIT is now offering comprehensive professional liability coverage designed for the interpreter, translator and transcription community, with special discounts for our members who spend most of their time providing services in legal and quasi-legal settings.
"The PPIB insurance application process was easy! I got a quote back and signed up for less than the other E&O policy I had. And I feel better knowing that the NAJIT program is tailored to legal translating and interpreting."
-- Curtis Draves
Program Highlights include the following:
- Our program is underwritten by an A-rated Carrier who specializes in Professional Liability coverage. The carrier is recognized worldwide as one of the oldest and most stable of insurance markets.
- Three levels of liability coverage ($250,000, $500,000, or $1,000,000) and two deductible levels ($250 and $500).
- The most competitively priced premiums for all interpreter/translator categories with special discounts for legal.
- The policy form is "claims made," meaning that you have coverage for claims made against you and reported to underwriters during the policy period. If you are currently covered under another professional liability policy, our policy will cover you back to your first date of coverage (the "retroactive date").
- You, your owned company, employees, and contractors can be covered under your policy.
- The NAJIT endorsed policy protects against claims including defense costs (which can be substantial) alleging errors, omissions or negligent acts arising out of your professional interpreting or translating services. ASL interpreters are specifically included in our program.
- A streamlined application and policy issuance process. More information and applications...